Monday, June 11, 2007

Beanie Fever...

Yes... I have made yet another BEANIE!!! I just can't stop, I'm hooked. Yesterday morning I finished a cute little brown beanie with what is supposed to be a butterfly motif on the front.
I've also started another beanie in the same pattern (the pattern that I posted last week from Sara With an H's Blog), I really need a new pattern!!! My sister made my daughter 2 adorable beanie's the other day (pic to the left of page), isn't she just so clever!! She said that she had me a copy of the book that she got the patterns from for me, so I can't wait to get stuck into that!
While I was surfing around the net today I came across the most unbelievable online wool/knitting shop ever!!! It is called The Wool Shack and you can find it here....


I bought a heap of stuff including some divine sock yarn (not that I will be making socks out of it) by Jawoll in a delicious colour called cookies and cream.... Heavenly!!!

Today's 'Get Happy Now' Tip #12 - Step Outside. Try to get 10 to 15 mins of sunlight a day. It stimulates a hormone known to prevent seasonal blues.

5 comments:

  1. hey jojo,
    I am sooo into socks at the moment...I think you could probably make those little heart ones u showed me.....
    glad u like the beanies....she is sooooo cute in them...
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beanies are gorgeous, they're a nice quick project and kinda addictive aren't they?
    I bet you cross over and join the sock knitting ranks - I swore I never would but I've been quietly gathering sock yarn.....ssshhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ab,
    Yeah I think that I might be getting the bug too!!!
    When I get my parcle from the wool shack, I'm going to have to start a pair of socks...

    Love JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandie,
    Thanks heaps for your comment.
    Yes, beanies are very addictive!!! I think that I might be crossing over to the sock knitting ranks!!! I found the most addorable sock pattern in the lattest copy of YARN magazine and can't wait to get started.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodie
    Do you make many one offs?
    I have an online store selling one off garments, accessories and jewellery - www.ku-ture.com.
    I am thinking of branching out into Kids wear next!
    Drop me a line at info@ku-ture.com!
    Caz x

    ps: Where is the central west are you? I grew up in Coolah and went to school in Bathurst!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...