Thursday, June 21, 2007

On The Road Again

I know that I've only just got back from a road trip, but while we were away my husband and I ended up purchasing a new car. Seen as though the car that we're purchasing is literally brand new we had to wait a week for it to be ready. So a week has pasted and we are heading back down to the Riverina to pick up our new car, it's a..... TOYOTA LANDCRUISER!!! How Lucky am I? We're leaving tomorrow morning, staying at Granny's house tomorrow night and heading home first thing Saturday morning. I'll post a photo of the car when I get back.

Look at this amazing wool that I purchased from http://www.thewoolshack.com/ last week. I just love it! I promised a ball of the Jawoll sock yarn to my sister at http://luvabby2.blogspot.com/ but sorry Ab I need them both. I'll buy you another ball in my next order.I'm going to make my first pair of socks with this wool, yes I know that I said that I wasn't going to make socks with it when I ordered it but I just can't resist. The colour is called Cookies 'n' Cream, now isn't that just enough to make your mouth water?
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the caramel coloured Jo Sharp wool as of yet, but I'm sure that I'll find something. The little pink tin to the left is a lip conditioner and as promised one of these will be in the post to my sister Abby tomorrow. Now I have a question for all of you experienced knitters out there... What is this?
There was one in the middle of each of the Jawoll sock yarn balls and I've never come across it before. I thought that maybe it had something to do with knitting socks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on the hunt for an easy sock pattern for first time sock knitters. If there is anyone out there that knows of one please feel free to leave me a comment with the details...

Today's 'Get Happy Tip" #17 - Take time out to plan, shop for and prepare a fabulous meal.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jode,
    Great tip I love getting a fab meal together something...you know outta the ordinary....yum...
    LOL...I knew that you would head into the world of socks hehe.... it was the natural next step....cant wait to see what u create..... and I had a feeling you would covet the wool.... dont worry it is sooo yummy I mighta done the same thing...hehe...
    Do I see a new dining table in ur pix...somthing wooden?? I am not sure about the wool question... but could it be an extra bit to knit ur gauge with??
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ab,
    No new dining table, the wooden item that you can see is one of my kitchen bench stools.
    The extra wool is really fine, only about 1ply or something, more like a reel of cotton not wool.

    Love JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born and bred in the Riverina, haven't been back in ages though!
    I sent you mail today - we've all been sick with colds so I haven't moved far from home, fingers crossed you'll have it early next week.
    There's a really good sock tutorial and pattern here
    http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm
    Talk when you get back - congrats on the new wheels too!!
    p.s.That was my comment that was deleted - deleted it cos I forgot to add the sock link - DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandie,
    Everybody in my neck of the woods either has or is coming down with the flu too. I hope that your family is feeling better.
    Thanks for sending off that info for me, can't wait to get it next week.
    I'm on my way to check out the sock tutorial and pattern link that you gave me, I'll let you know how I get on.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...