Saturday, September 22, 2007

What a Find!!!!

On Friday afternoon my sister and I decided to go down town to the local Op/Thrift shop for a bit of a look see. We were both surprised, once again, by all of the goodies that we found. I picked up this lot for 80 cents.....I then found these little embroidered pillow slips for 10 cents each. I thought that they'd be great incorporated into a child's quilt or garment.There was also this big swatch of fabric for 10 cents. It measures about 1.5m x 1m when folded out. I'm sure that it won't be hard to think of something to sew up with it. Does any one have any suggestions???
I've also picked up another apron for 10 cents to add to my collection although I don't think that this one is going to my apron stash, instead it's on its way to the fabric pile as I really love the strip of fabric in the middle. So unfortunately this poor little apron has sacrificed its life so that I can recycle about a 1/4 of a metre of fabric (sigh)......................
I just love books and when I came across these 2 beauties for 20 cents I couldn't resist.
Firstly, this book was purchased for my little princess and it's just adorable!!!! All of the pictures throughout this book are crafted out of fabric. It's all put together like a collage and then a photo is taken of it and that's a page in the book. You can't really tell but the front cover is crafted in this way also.
Then this book is for me of coarse.... Seen as though I'm new to the spinning scene this book looks like it'll come in very handy. It has heaps of tips for first timers and loads of pictures detailing, step by step, the process of spinning.
As you can see I've been very spoilt once again with all of these goodies. I hope that this inspires people to get out there and support there local Op/Thrift shop. I guess the old saying is right..... Someones trash is another persons treasure.
Have a great weekend.......

7 comments:

  1. Some seriously good bargains there ! I collect aprons too !!! That one is so cute and now you are going to "craft cannabalise" it. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local Thrift shops rarely have these sort of goodies so Ive stopped looking!!!!
    Great finds though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find. I'm so envious when people find great things at op-shops. Would there be enough of the gnome fabric for pyjamas for your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jode,
    Didn't we have the most fantastic day. I can't believe what great bargains we scored.
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodie,
    I know!!!! I feel so quilty for wanting to chop up this little cutie.... Maybe I'll change my mind when it comes to the snip.

    Ohhh Cathy.... What a pity!!! You never know though, you might just be lucky and find something great.

    Hi Fiona,
    What a great idea!!! There's plenty for a little summer nighty with matching knicker bockers.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ab,
    Yeah, it was great.

    Love Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday is a day to relax and plan for the weekend ahead. Similarly, seeking finance assignment help can help you relax knowing your financial concepts are clear. Just as Friday marks the end of the week, understanding finance can mark the beginning of financial success.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...