Monday, July 20, 2009

Celebration.....

Over the weekend my Grandma turned 70... To celebrate this occasion 50 semi-close family and friends got together for what turned out to be a lovely dinner...
It's a pity that we don't get together like this more often... Some of the family there I hadn't seen for nearly 10 years, can you believe that??? There really is no excuse now is there...
I made sure I grabbed loads of addresses and this time have vowed to make the effort to keep in touch, even if it is only the odd letter now and then...

For Grandma's B'Day pressy I made her a pair of arm chair covers. She LOVED them and told me boldly that they will definitely be taking pride of place on her favourite big chair.... There was no pattern for these cozies, I just made them up as I went along, having a picture of what I wanted the finished product to look like in my mind..... I'm so happy that they turned out just how I'd hoped they would.... They're reversible and match perfectly with Grandma's latte coloured lounge suite, thank goodness...

Here's hoping you've had a great start to your week after a wonderful relaxing weekend... Take Care :)

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful arm chair covers! Gorgeous colours and love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm sure Grandma will love these on her chair. I like that they are reversible too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee it seems so strange when you say your nan is 70. She is the same age as my dad and makes me feel so old when I say that too. I am glad that she had a wonderful birthday party. I too dont see family enough either, 12 years since I have seen some of them. I do try and keep in touch with some on facebook now though which is better than not at all. I love what you made for your nan, and she must be a craftlover too. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...