Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hummus....

My sister always makes the most delicious fresh Hummus.... She was kind enough to share the recipe with me and now I in turn am passing it on to you....
Ab-Ab's Hummus
2 cups of canned chickpeas, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 2T tahini, 2T lemon juice, 1/8t ground cumin, 1 clove of garlic crushed, cracked pepper, 1t olive oil.
Place chickpeas and yogurt in a food processor and blend until just combined. Add tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic and black pepper and blend again to form a smooth paste. Now drizzle in the olive oil and process for 30 seconds. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy at regular intervals throughout the day (like I do... hehehe) with your favourite crackers and sliced veggies.....
I've also found that both my girls (3yrs and 8mths) love this dip too which is a bonus. It's a great source of Protein, Calcium and Iron just to name a few... A Yum-mo recipe and a definite staple in my trusty home cook-book from now on.....
What's your favourite dip recipe???
Take Care :)

7 comments:

  1. Yum - we have not bought hommus in years and make our own often. (actually our morning teas often look very much like your photo:) I have not seen a recipe with yoghurt used before (will have to try it) and I use dried chickpeas soaked overnight and then boiled - super yum:)

    The favourite recipe in our house at the moment would have to be the choc chip and banana bread - you should try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Abby is your sister, small blog world! We love a bit of hummous here too but I've never used yoghurt before. Must give that a go. We love a dinner of pita, felafel balls, salad and hummous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love hummus but I never thought of putting yogurt in it! We're celebrating my daughter's and niece's birthdays this weekend and hummus is on the menu so I will have to try it! I love hummus but my favorite would probably be an avocado something. Just mashed with a little salt and pepper. I love avos and we get them in abundance here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore hummus so will have to give this a try. Thanks for the recipe.
    I must say that guacamole is my all time favorite dip! Good on sandwiches too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm...delishiouso babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm looks so yummy!
    Favourite dip would have to be half a jar of corn relish mixed with a container of sour cream, blended with the electric beaters to make it nice and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to make this forever ... just got around to it. You can rest assured it won't take me so long to make a second batch ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...