Friday, October 9, 2009

Etched In My Memory....

I love a good clearing sale and have been going to them for as long as I can remember... Our calendar usually has one marked on it for every month of the year... We always go as a family, DH, the girls and I, and have a great day catching up with the neighbours as well as others we don't see to often.... We went to a sale on the weekend and as usual I got heaps of goodies for my garden and a few for my house as well... DH always does a great job sharing the load with the kids with Little Millie falling asleep in this prime position several times during the day....
It was my 28th b'day last week. I was lucky enough to have a visit from 2 of my sisters and my Mum for the day... My oldest sister, Abby, bought out an amazing homemade pistachio and honey cheese cake to celebrate the occasion and we ate it while sipping chai tea, my FAVOURITE!!!! All of the kiddies sang a lovely tune of happy birthday to me, very sweet!!!! A birthday etched in my memory to treasure forever... *^_^*.......
Take Care.......

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jodie! Isnt it wonderful having sisters to celebrate with. I only have 1 but we try and do special things for each other on birthdays and xmas too. I like your sweater in the pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to you! The cheese cake looks yummy! And chai! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jodie! Sneaky... you could have given us all the heads up on the day!! Hope you had a wonderful day with your sister. Clearing sales... hmmm... my husband usually ends up with a ute load of 'treasures'....!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jodie, It's great to hear you had a lovely day and were made a fuss of. We LOVE a clearing sale too. Your photos of the girls are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. We too,love clearing sales but don't get to many now as we DON'T NEED any more treasures! Mind you, having said that, there is a great sounding one at Lake Cargelligo today that we would have loved to have gone to (and visited my aunt at the same time)- but we have house guests for the big car race. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful birthday Jodie - your birthday cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! That cake does look fab :-) Your girls are looking gorgeous as always too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Jodie!!

    I got my swap package last week too, I wish I had known it was your birthday I would have popped something extra nice in for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy belated birthday! your little ones are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that kind of sale comparable to a garage or yard sale in the US? I'm curious. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday sweetie!!!glad you had a lovely day.

    your girls are soooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Jodie! So nice to celebrate with loved ones--especially ones who bring yummy cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A belated Happy Birthday to you. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Millie is sure growing and is very cute and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! The cake looked divine and you were glowing with happiness. xo Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post I am loving the pix of mil-mil and DH...too cute.... OMG my ears are still ringing from all of that fantastic kiddo bday singing!! Glad you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday - looks and sounds like you had a great time:) (you spring chicken you:) I have a friend here that is looking for an old gate for her new allotment - I should commision you to find one for her - she would be willing to drive up and get it:)

    That cake looks great - is Abby going to pop the recipe on her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday! That cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Seed Swap?

I had big plans of sharing a late Winter garden update with you all this post, full of beautiful pictures of Wintry produce such as peas (...